Meet The Team
To our current patients:
We hope you are all doing well. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have a question. We love seeing you and speaking with you. Also, if you are pleased with our services, we would appreciate your review here. Thank you for your kindness and support.
A Note From Dr. Josephs, DDS
We are a small privately owned and operated dental office in Modesto California. This office was established a long time ago in a comfortable and scenic environment. When I purchased this office in 2015 I found myself in a friendly atmosphere with a long history that goes back to early 70’s. In fact, it goes back to the 1950’s. Some of my patients tell me of a doctor who transferred the practice over to the then young doctor Di Cristina in the 70’s. Now I’m the third dentist to have been chosen to continue this wonderful legacy, and add more patients as we move forward.
It didn’t take me long to realize what I had become part of. This is a very special office because the patients also became friends and family and they helped shape this office into what it is today, and they will continue to take part in shaping the office in the future. In a way, I saw myself as the one who was now joining you, rather than the other way around. I felt a huge responsibility to be frank, but you were so welcoming and so supportive and for that I want to say thank you. I feel blessed to be given the privilege to serve you. Thank you for your support these several years, these have been the best years of my career.
My name is Dr. Josephs, and I graduated from Davis High in 1996 while I shadowed at a dental office in town. I attended Modesto Junior College for the first two years. I completed my Bachelor of science degree in biological sciences with an emphasis in evolutionary biology from UC Davis in 2001. In 2002 I attended USC dental school and graduated in 2006.
Some of the things I would like to do more of are road trips, and outdoors activities. I also would like to see this office continue in keeping the tradition of providing great care to our patients.
Proverbs 3:3-4 (NASB)
“Do not let kindness and truth leave you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart.
So you will find favor and good repute
In the sight of God and man.”
The Staff at Dr. Josephs, DDS’ Office
We are a team that is dedicated to helping Dr. Josephs provide the very best in dental health and beauty by making sure our patients are comfortable and relaxed. We believe, as Dr. Josephs does, that a friendly and helpful atmosphere goes a long way towards building the trust required to make a dental visit successful.
To Our Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We want to thank you for your understanding as we navigate through the changes brought about from the COVID-19 Pandemic. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the California Dental Association (CDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again on the day of your appointment.
- Upon arrival, we ask that you call the office so that we may ask you some screening questions and a staff member will meet you at the entrance to take your temperature with a touchless thermometer
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone if possible. If someone must accompany you, they may be asked some screening questions and their temperature taken
- All staff will be screened with temperatures taken at the beginning of their shift
- We have hand sanitizer in the reception area and throughout the office for you to use upon arrival and as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time
- We ask that anyone entering the office wear a face covering. Please bring a cloth covering with you.
- You will notice water-resistant barriers hanging at the entrance to the operatories. This is to prevent any potential aerosols from traveling great distances. These barriers are disinfected after each appointment
- Majority of air purifiers can filter down to 0.3 microns and thus are ineffective against COVID-19. Through much research, we have found an air purifier that is effective down to 0.1 micron which is able to block a virus as small as COVID-19. We have placed one of these purifiers in each operatory.
- We will continue to use the Plug-in Ultraviolet air sanitizers in each operatory
- Our adherence to infection control protocols in the operatories such as disinfecting surfaces will extend to the administrative areas, bathrooms and waiting room. High touch surfaces as well as communal items like pens and clipboards will be disinfected frequently and after each patient when possible
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 209-529-6995. You may also visit our website for any updates.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Edwin Josephs and Team